The 16th of March 2016 I have received my Master Degree in Applied Mathematics (Laurea) Magistrale in Matematica per le Applicazioni) at La Sapienza, University of Rome. Since June 2016 I am a Ph.D. Student in the team of Prof. Dr. Stefan Volkwein at University of Konstanz.
This position is supported by the German Science Fund DFG grant VO 1658/4-1 Reduced-Order Methods for Nonlinear Model Predictive Control.
- Optimal Control for linear PDEs using Model order reduction techniques
- Model Predictive Control (MPC) for energy efficient building operation: Reduced-order Methods for nonlinear MPC
Programming language and software used:
- C with Petsc and Slepc
- Pythong with Firedrake
Reduced-Order Methods for Nonlinear Model Predictive Control. Grant VO 1658/4-1
Teaching: Wintersemester 2017/2018
Supervision of the numerics part of the lecture Theorie und Numerik Partieller Differentialgleichungen of Prof. Volkwein together with Jianjie Lu. Click on the links to download Programming Guidelines and Example.
Conference and Workshop organized:
Workshop on “Optimal and Feedback Control of Differential Equations„ at University of Konstanz, 22nd-23rd November 2016
Schedule and Partecipants: Click here
- POD-based economic optimal control for heat-convection phenomena,
In Falcone, M., Ferretti, R., Grüne, L., McEneaney, W.M. (Eds.), Numerical Methods for Optimal Control Problems, pages 63-87, Springer, 2018.
L.Mechelli and S. Volkwein
- POD-based economic model predictive control for heat-convection phenomena,
Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, 126:663-670, 2019.
L. Mechelli and S. Volkwein
- POD-based augmented Lagrangian method for state constrained heat-convection phenomena
To appear in Fehr, J., Haasdonk, B. (eds.), IUTAM Symposium on Model Order Reduction of Coupled Systems, Stuttgart, Germany, May 22-25, 2018: MORCOS 2018
J.S. Jehle, L. Mechelli and S. Volkwein